Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Week 35: No Half Baked.

So I am officially 36 weeks today...let the record show that I never made it to 37 the first time....Rob was pegged at 36.5 weeks.  IShhhh...don't tell my boss that.  I get the impression lately that he might think that I'm just sort of kidding about this whole baby thing...or that I might just drop it during a lunch break then come back for my 2pm meeting with him cause...why not?  Seriously, I love my job but right now I'm about ready to be done :-)  During an event freak out (we are hosting a lunch next Tuesday for kinship care month because we are nuts) I told him that if I didn't love my job I would be entirely checked out amidst onesies and diaper pre-runs.  He totally got it and quoted Spongebob cause that's how we roll.  

In other news, I am up to here pregnant and have even been having some nasty swelling lately, which I managed to avoid 99% of this pregnancy - blame the 90 degree heat!  Thankfully, my rockin hot pink compression sleeves (nothing says pregnant runner like compression, yes?) and early morning swims at the Gananda pool have been a livesaver!  We also did a nice family trip up to Alex bay this weekend to spend some time with my brotha from anotha motha and his family and had such a wonderful time, which was great for a nice little breather and break from reality (no cell or internet = awesome).  

So what's my lil nuggster up to this week?  

Week 35

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

This poor kid is so regulated to bathroom selfies...
Total Weight Gain: Up 22.5 pounds.  All in the belly.  And it really shows!

Cravings: Grapies (as Rob would say), cashews, and diet coke.  Trying to take it easy on the acid, but oh man, it is so good.  Hey, if I can't have a glass of red.....

Aversions: Swelling.  3-4 times a night wake ups.  Braxton Hicks.  SLOWING DOWN!  I finally realized after a hellish 3 hour car ride on Sunday that I cannot, in fact, go 90 miles an hour anymore.  This saddens me.  I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, and then wanted to do my own relaxing by riding my bike...and I couldn't.  It gave me all the sads.  I am not a resting on the couch kinda girl...even though I know I'll have no time to do it post baby :-P

Sleep: Meh.  BNL says, "Who Needs it?"  They are right.  I just give up at this point.  

Baby Items Bought/Received: A godfather.  Can't beat that.  We asked my friend Drew to be Nugget's godfather and he agreed.  So happy - he had the best time with Rob this past weekend and it's obvious how good he is with kiddos.  Busted, buddy. I love ya.

Best Baby Moment: Greg and I decided on two girl names and two boy names pretty firmly, so thankfully Nugget will not, in fact, have to be a nugget forever.  Whew.  

Goals: Let's get to September.  Baby steps.  No August babies!

Everyone gets a beer but Mom.  It's not fair.
 Worries: Time is moving so fast!  I realize that every mom says that, and I myself am victim to that fact for Rob all the time, but it's getting real that I am almost at the end of this pregnancy...and being pregnant forever (YES, I AM ONLY HAVING TWO!)  I am ready to be done with this kiddo baking, but it's still sad to think that it's the last pregnancy experience :-)

This Week:
Run: 0 miles
Bike: 93 miles
Swim: 3 miles
Total: 96 miles

To Date:
Run: 353.3 miles
Bike: 2260 miles
Swim: 90 miles
Total: 2651.3 miles...or, the distance from Rochester, NY to Bogota, Columbia.  Not so sure about that Nugget, thats some pretty crazy 'splorin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment