Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Week 31 - Time to get rollin!

Here we go for another weekly nugget update!  Got hit hard with some reality this week....one of my runner friends that was due a few weeks before me just delivered at 33 weeks, yikes!  Looks like Mom and baby are doing just fine, but it was a huge wake up call that Nugget will be coming soon soon soon....hopefully baking at least for another 6 plus weeks, ok kiddo?  Thanks, love mom :-)

Your pregnancy: Week 31

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (about the size of a small football) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

Moving alot?  You don't say.  Lil nuggster likes to throw dance parties with regularity, which gives this momma to be a reason to smile - love that kiddo says "hi mom!"  all the time.

Total Weight Gain: Up 18.5 pounds.  Gettin' there, one step at a time.  I've been super hungry lately, but my belly fills up super quick so we have been eating smaller meals :-)

Return of the gym selfies!
My Body:  Seems to hate me.  Here I am, thinking, yup, I got pregnancy under control.  Morning sickness, NBD.  24 hour bug, NBD.  Poison Ivy for 5 weeks?  WTF.  We finally got over that one and then at the ball game on Sunday I got stung by a frickin bee.  On my leg.  Oh, did I mention I'm allergic to bees?  Now my leg is about twice its normal size in a 10 inch diameter above my knee and that $hit hurts!  I'm icing every few hours (whats sleep?) and taking benadryl like its my job.  I go to the docs today for my 32 week check up and will have her take a look, but the one upshot is that the Rx for Prednisone I have chillin at the pharmacy for the ivy will work for the bee sting.  Is my body seriously in rebellion against me?  Body, you can quit now.....My mother in law suggested cardboard box sequestration for 8 weeks.  If I can bring my kindle and some cheeze its, I am all for it!

Cravings: Anything cheese or cheese or fake cheese flavored.  Freakin delish.  Also quite addicted to sugar cookies now, though one is plenty - any more is super sugar my body can't handle.

Aversions: Anything itchy or rashy.  Period.  

Rob, I am so jealous!
Sleep: Not even a little bit.  Rob's been waking up a few times a night, which is kinda weird, and I'm at the stage where finding a comfy position to sleep is a bit difficult.  Add in the every two hour ice schedule since Sunday and I am seriously sleep deprived.  Hoping to catch  up this weekend!

Baby Items Bought/Received: Nada.  Nugget helped me pick out a present to give to his or her older brother when Rob comes to visit but that's a secret of course....shhh!!

Best Baby Moment: Nugget and I ran another race this weekend - local 5k.  It was super hilly and humid, but we came in at around a 9:30 pace, which I'll take!  Last scheduled race in the books, aside from a low key trail race on August 19, so it's coast time - mostly swimming and biking now!  Also big news - Greg found that if he listens to my heartbeat from my back he can hear both mine and nuggets, which is kinda cool :-)  Daddy only perk!

Goals: Finish clothing nursery prep, and to meet with my doc about L&D.  I have my birth plan prepped and a few wishes that "now that I know" I hope to convey to the hospital staff - last time I was on continual fetal monitoring and I really wanted to be active, so I am hoping to be able to do that.  We have been working on Bradley method and the ultimate goal is another drug free natural birth.  Of course, healthy baby is all that matters, but I can hope :-)  Working on some yoga daily to help labor - who knows if it will help but it can't hurt!

Worries:  I wonder if my body will ever be normal and rash free again?  Will it??


This Week:
Run: 13.2 miles
Bike: 70 miles
Swim: 3 miles
Total: 86.2 miles

To Date:
Run: 332.3 miles
Bike: 1900 miles
Swim: 81 miles
Total: 2264.3 miles...or, the distance from Rochester, NY to Los Angeles.  Way to go, Nugget, you have crossed the country!  WOOHOOO!

2 comments:

  1. Don't be surprised if I try to listen to Nugget's heartbeat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep cooking Nugget! Glad you are feeling great other than the poison ivy and now a bee sting. Here is to hoping you have a delivery that you are planning--nothing went as planned for me so all the best for you!

    ReplyDelete