Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week 27 - Welcome to the Main Event

Welcome to trimester 3, nugget!  We kicked off this week with a bang by getting our glucose test results - a big fat negative for gestational diabetes (yay!) and, no shocker, found out I am anemic.  Which is funny, because I was really looking for an excuse to eat some Bill Gray's Burgers....doctor's orders!  Pregnancy perks aren't all that frequent, but this is definitely one :-)

Your Pregnancy:  Week 27

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Total Weight Gain: Up 14 pounds this week (as of yesterday).  I'm apparently a boring, model pregnant woman.  Normally boring would annoy me, in this case, Ill take it!
My Body A hot mess.  Apparently poison ivy loves me to pieces, and we are still bffs.  I've started getting spots on my tummy and hands, which means it's personal now.  Drowning myself in the pool and oatmeal baths, but I'm still a miserable mess.  However, externally, my basketball 

Cravings:Nothing too special.  I've been loving shredded chicken breast with salsa and veggies, and also still loving tuna fish with chopped celery and Italian dressing.  Been drinking alot of Iced tea, and still, of course, on the cheese kick!

Aversions: Itching.  Nighttime waking.  Mosquito's.  Rain.  Work.  It's a mad, mad world, folks.  

Sleep: This sucks.  I'm up twice a night itching like a mad woman.  I feel bad for the guys in my life - it cannot be restful to have a crazy preggo muttering curses under her breath as you try to sleep!

Baby Items Bought/Received: A few more diapers - 65 ct for $4.50, cant beat it :-)  Also got the curtains for baby's room from Mom - it's almost done, Ill post a new pic next week!

Best Baby Moment: We went over to a neighbors house a few days ago and they have a son who is one month younger than Rob, and they just had a baby girl a few months back.  Rob and the little boy were being shy, but Rob thought the baby was the coolest thing - he kept saying "baby!" and going over to her and rocking her car seat.  We showed him how to be gentle, but he obviously was really intrigued by her.  So sweet to watch, I think he will be a great big brother!!

Goals: Throw a bang up birthday party for my soon to be 2 year old - it's gonna be a Mickey Mouse kinda weekend!  So excited!!

Worries:  Whats the world record for poison ivy?  Theoretically, of course, ya know.....

This Week:
Run: 8 miles
Bike: 80 miles
Swim: 4 miles
Total: 92 miles

To Date:
Run: 299.1 miles
Bike: 1561 miles
Swim: 65.5 miles
Total: 1898.6 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Belize!  Hey, we have family there, maybe they would welcome a visitor :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment