Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Week 26: Who Wore it Better?

So, Greg, who is an avid reader of the blog and fabulous supporter of my random ramblings, (bless him) was reading last week's updates and said - hey!  Your bump updates are great, but maybe people would like to see a comparison shot from kiddo one - sort of a side by side?

Genius, that husband of mine.  I know there are about 5 people that care about my belly in this world, including me, but for the other four that ask me if I'm bigger this time or what...here ya go - Who wore the bump best?

Preggo lady week 26 - Baby One: 
 Preggo lady week 26 - Baby Two:


Hmmmm....I've gained exactly the same amount of weight to date, but I think my belly is a titch bigger this time.  You can't see my face in NUgget's pic, but my face isn't as puffy this time (yay for small favors!) and I seem to have centered all my weight betwen my shoulders and hips this time.  
Overall, not too different though :-)  Better shots next week!

So what's up with lil Nuggster this week?
Your Pregnancy: Week 26
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (a lunchbox) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Go kiddo!  We have had some really deep conversations lately...ya know, about pizza and Orange is the New Black.  Poor kid.

Total Weight Gain: Up 13 pounds.  At least I'm consistent.

 My Body I feel freaking huge.  I think the lack of maternity clothes is totally due to the season - maxi skirts, skirts, yoga pants, and and lulus are all very comfy and belly accommodating!

Cravings: Getting back to that Bill Gray's burger....LOL.  Also been loving on tabbouleh this past week - mixed with grilled chicken, tomatoes, and broccoli.  YUM.

Aversions: Oatmeal is disgusting.  Again.  Good thing pancakes and egg sandwiches are super easy!  Also, can we talk about the glucose drink for gestational diabetes?  BARF.

Sleep: Non Existent.  With my poison Ivy itching (seriously, what 32 year old gets it???) and nugget dancing on my bladder, I'm up at least a few times a night.

Baby Items Bought/Received: Registered the lil Nug for daycare starting in 2016 - other than that, nothing!

Best Baby Moment: Time for bowl movement (not thats not a typo)....When I have a snack at night, Nugget likes to kick my bowl over or make it move on my belly (MOM, get this offa me!)  Cracks me up every time.

Goals: Get back on running.  Low week this week - just been uncomfortable, so more biking and swimming.  I only ran once!

Worries:  Same ole, same ole.  I wonder if I could hire a nanny/housekeeper and pay them in couponed toiletries and hugs?  Anyone?  LOL

This Week:
Run: 4 miles
Bike: 85 miles
Swim: 3 miles
Total: 92 miles

To Date:
Run: 291.1 miles
Bike: 1481 miles
Swim: 61.5 miles
Total: 1808.6 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Puerto Rico!  Not a place I'm driven to visit, but hey, Nugget, go ahead!

1 comment: