Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Week 23: Baby Movin!

Seems as if we have finally kicked off the "belly" stage - let's rock n roll Nugget!  (Who seems to be doing plenty of rock n rolling inside my tummy - I have another soccer player on my hands!)

Your Pregnancy: Week 23
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a sand bucket!), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

Total Weight Gain: Up 10.5 pounds.  Official weigh in at OB office!  Steady as she goes.

 My Body It seems I am officially pregnant.  LOL.  I have had 3 people stop me this week and
 comment that it was about time I finally was showing - seems some people thought I might just be eating tons of pasta :-P  (not really, but there was some jesting about thinking I was joking about the whole thing!)


Cravings: Tuna fish.  Still.  And cherries.  Mmmm.....loving my fruit!  Also, tortilla chips were on sale at Tops this week so I've been enjoying poor man's nachos (chips n shredded cheese....mmm).  Hey, indulgences are good!

Aversions: Nothing in particular.  Off oats again, but its just because pbjs and fruit seem to be the breakfast of choice.  Nothing like eating as a toddler would :-)

Sleep: A hot mess this week.  There's alot of life stress going on, coupled with a larger tummy and some general un comfy-ness (is that even a word?) that sleep has been a crap shoot.  Sorry to everyone for my moodiness.  Guess I'm allowed once in awhile!

Baby Items Bought/Received: Believe it or not, none!  Probably will do some nursery shopping this week, but I've been working on birthday stuff for Rob....only a month away, I can't wait for his party!!

Best Baby Moment: Daddy finally got to feel some baby lovin this week!  He has felt some flutters but Nugget gave him a good dance party this weekend and they had a good "Dad to kiddo" chat.  I think the admiration is mutual :-)

Goals: Wash maternity clothes.  Not die in my trail race this weekend.  (Yes, people, I did drop down to the 8 miler.  I can listen to reason (sometimes).  
Here Mom, you need this....no sleep for you, ever!

Worries: Will sleep through the night anymore during this pregnancy?  Could make for a long 3 months then a long first 6 months - a year.  How much do people really need sleep anyways?  Hmmm...something to ponder at 3am.

This Week:
Run: 11 miles
Bike: 75 miles
Swim: 4 miles
Total: 90 miles

To Date:
Run: 274.1 miles
Bike: 1246 miles
Swim: 51.5 miles
Total: 1551.6 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Quintana Roo!  Hey, as a 'roo owner, I'm glad I'm passing along that wisdom to Nugget~~

No comments:

Post a Comment