Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Week 20: Half Ain't Half

Halfway there!  Although, as we know- half ain't half.  Mile 13 of a marathon does not equal halfway!!

Your Pregnancy: Week 20 

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana (we gotta keep this one - Rob's favorite foods are "manas"). (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.) Size wise, the baby is the size of a cantaloupe!  He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).


Total Weight Gain: Up 6.5 pounds.  Officially as of May 6, according to my OB.  They think I'm doing well - aside from 

My Body: Gettin that cute preggo bump I think!  Even though it seems small, most days I feel like I have an elephant on my chest - I can certainly tell there is extra happening on the front!!  I'm still doing ok clothes wise, just wearing some looser shirts.  I get tired a bit easier, but staying active is the key - as much as I possibly can :-)

Cravings: Nothing special or over the top.  If I could eat a Bill Gray's cheeseburger every day, I so would.  But since my digestive system would kill me, we limit it to a burger a week.  Cheese, however, is a daily staple!

Aversions: Still the same. Also really including work in this theme - I need a vacation, stat.  Bed rest, doc?  JUST KIDDING!

Sleep: Still seem to be writing my own romance novels via dream state - I am such the heroine in my dreams!  My knights in shining armor are quite...interesting.  No Joshua Jackson yet, but I'm hopeful! 

Baby Items Bought/Received: Up to 2200 diapers.  Target had a friggin awesome deal going on where I scored 1100 diapers for $66 with $30 in gift cards leftover - I might make diaper buying my job, seriously.  Oddly enough, its somewhat addictive,

Best Baby Moment: Momma's Day!  It wasn't restful, but awesome.  Greg and I had over a bunch of relative mommas for brunch, and it was wonderful.  Plus I got alot of smooches and love from my first baby and some hello there's from Nugget, which is all a mom can ask for.
 And a solo run.  And a foot rub.  My husband rocks.  Also - nugget ultrasound!  We got to see kiddo in action for the first time - so precious :-)  Even if they look....not human.  In the best way :-D

Goals: House prep, stat!  This poor baby might live in the hall.  Aww, hell, who am I kidding, we know he/she will live in our room!!

Worries: Will I ever get a rest day?  Answer - NO.  You are a mom.  Thats ok :-P

This Week:
Run: 17 miles - felt good!!
Bike: 70 miles 
Swim: 3 miles
Total: 90 miles

To Date:
Run: 239.1 miles
Bike: 1018 miles
Swim: 40.5 miles
Total: 1277.6 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to New Orleans!  Rob says he got some beads last year....NO WAY Nugget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment