Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Week 14: It' SNOT fair

I call shenanigans.  Still threw up three times this week, and now I have a sinus thing going on.  Nugget better be a cute friggin baby (YOU HEAR ME KIDDO?)  Just kidding :-P  Either way, I feel as if I have a little dominator in my tummy - Momma is definitely not in charge of this kiddo quite yet :-P

Your Baby in Week 14 of Pregnancy


This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.

In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches - about the size of a go go train (hey, toddler speak!) — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body.


Cool!  Seems as if the lil one if gaining and growing, even if growing pains for the vessel are part of it.  Still worth every bathroom trip and nausea bout, but darned if I don't have the same lovin' pregnancy thoughts this time!!!  Here's the week's deets....


Total Weight Gain - Down 1.5 pounds, but I attribute the 1.5 pound gain somewhat to bloat.  Holy cow, I feel like I swallowed a balloon!!

Cravings: Grapes, strawberries, pineapple.  And potatoes...yum!


 

My Body: Tummy is growing growing!  Still a small "I ate too much pasta" tummy and I have plenty of room in my jeans, but the cha channges are definitely happening!!
Sleep: Still so damn tired.  I managed to get the bug thts going around, and of course I cant take anything but Tylenol, which makes me throw up.  It'SNOT fair, really :-P
Baby Items Bought/Received: More diapers!  Up to 600 for nugget so far so...2 months.  LOL


Best Baby Moment: We started working on the nursery, which means that Rob took the honors this week....guess who is sleeping in a big boy bed (for naps?)  Such a BIG BOY!!!!  Also got hear hear the heartbeat again for nugget at my OB appt - a healthy 140 and s/he is moving around all over the place!!


Worries: Will food ever taste good again?  Will I ever go 3 days in a row without puking?  Just wondering.  Cause, I can't really remember.  I hear it does happen :-P (same as last week!!)

Goals - Again, the not feeling sick 24/7 would be an awesome thing.  Just sayin!

BABY NUGGET ON THE MOVE!  

This Week:

Run: 3 miles
Bike: 70  miles
Swim: 3 miles
Total: 76 miles

To Date:
Run: 133 miles
Bike: 625 miles
Swim: 26 miles
Total: 781 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Charlotte, NC - baby wants to visit his or her Aunt Rachael!!


No comments:

Post a Comment