Saturday, March 14, 2015

Weeks 5-11 What a SNAFU (Jan 18-March 7)

Welcome to the week by week play analysis of baby #2, lovingly called Nugget for now :-)!  I was so happy to hear requests for the weeklies - I sure enjoyed them with Rob, and I'm glad you liked reading them!!  This time around, I had every intention of starting off at week 5 and going forward - then the plague of death that is morning sickness hit with a vengeance and just last week started to subside!  Ergo, the "first six weeks" were roughly the same - so we took our weekly pics and just paired them with a nice summary.  Weeks 12 forward - look forward to some fun comparisons (no fruits this time), weekly updates, and how different pregnancy is the second time around!  (Alot).

Week 11 update: Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a lego, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.  (PS - no, we don't know the sex.  They alternate in the updates :-))


Total Weight Gain:Negative 5 pounds.  Kinda rough to do all of the eating when you can't keep anything down.  Aside from fruit, crackers and ginger ale.  I hate Schweppe's with a passion.

My Body:  No changes.  At all.  Except my skinny jeans fit better.  Wait....  My boss told me he feels sorry for me, but he would like to tap into the hormone that pregnant women have that make them sick so he can lose weight too.  I called him a bastard.  To his face.  We have a good relationship.


Cravings: Food.  Someone please find something for me to eat!!  I've had some chicken nuggets (thus the name), berries, crackers, and bagels.  Already off the old "no no"s - Bananas, yogurt, and oatmeal.  God this is hard.  I love my lil nugget, but holy crap is this one different!  (Spare me - I've heard it's a girl 7 zillion times, lol).

Sleep: All I wanna do.  Sometimes at 6pm.  Called in a few times.  I have no energy whatsoever (I wonder why???).  No mile a day - took a month off running.  Thank goodness you can have a bucket next to the trainer!  (Kidding...sorta.  I really did lay off for a few days because i had no fuel.  But I've been doing short rides and swims because otherwise I just can't deal).


Baby Items Bought/Received: A baby mattress, boppy, and a few clearance clothes.  And Starting diaper stash 2015 - I had 2000 in my arsenal when Robw as born- can I beat it???

Best Baby Moment: Just the thought :-)  Greg and I really wanted our kiddos about 2 years apart, so we are perfectly over the moon with this and the timing is awesome (I know, who says that??)  I can't wait to meet nugget!!  We also had our first ultrasound on March 2- and hearing the heartbeat and seeing the lil one for the first time is always priceless!

Goals:  Run.  Eat.  Eat some more.  Run some more.  Not get tired after being awake for 2 hours.  Drink coffee (haven't been able to for a month- smells horrible!).  Oh the lofty goals of a gestating woman.


Worries:  Will food ever taste good?  (Said tongue in cheek!)


Pics through the weeks!!!

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
As you can see, not much going on!  Started out with 28" waist, my standard weight (I usually hover between 140-145), and all that.  At the end of week 11, waist was up to 28.5", weight at 140, and my um...standard bra size.  That's enough for that one!  Stay tuned for the real updates, first one coming for week 12.

1 comment:

  1. I ♡ that you are so confident to post your measurements (not that I'm surprised ;-) )

    ReplyDelete