Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 13: Turning a corner (we hope)

Well, here we go.  To all of those that tell me that morning sickness only lasts the first trimester - if I am still sick tomorrow, I'm suing.  I've also decided that for every person that tells me that I'm having a girl, I will deposit one dollar in nuggets college education fund from here on out.  (s)he will be all set for Princeton by trimester 3 :-P So what's up in my nuggets world this week?  Here we go!

Your Baby in Week 13 of Pregnancy
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a tube of diaper cream) and weighs nearly an ounce.

Last week of the first "third" by the numbers! 


Total Weight Gain - Still down 3 pounds.  Gaining bit by bit...
My Body: Is definitely changing.  I may not be gaining any weight, but I'm starting to "lose my shape".  My waist is a bit thicker, my hourglass (if you will) is leaving.  Hey, it'll come back....in about a year :-P  I'm cool with it.  Means something is brewing in there!!
Cravings: Not really a ton.  I've been a big fan of chicken, rice and veggies, which is awesome because it has protein and veggies - phew!  Also a big fan of grapes.
Sleep: I would so do this all day if I could.  Can I start maternity leave a few months early??
Baby Items Bought/Received: A crap ton of diapers.  CVS has a great sale, so I bought 250 diapers for $20.  Sweet!  Also found a clearance Halloween onesie at Kohls for a dollar.  I'll buy that!...for a dollar (so lame).
Best Baby Moment: Baby G and I did a long run together on Sunday.  It wasn't fast, it wasn't elegant, but it was cool.  We did 9 miles nowhere near my pre pregnancy pace, but we felt good!  It's so weird to think that last year at this time I was logging 25 mile runs for MTD....funny how things change!  (PS - Greg says next year I will be running it, too...I LOVE that man!!)

Goals:To keep up the long runs, keep eating as much as I can, and start to convert the office into a nursery!  And Rob's room into a bonafied toddler room...he is such a big boy!!
Worries: Will food ever taste good again?  Will I ever go 3 days in a row without puking?  Just wondering.  Cause, I can't really remember.  I hear it does happen :-P


BABY NUGGET ON THE MOVE!  

This week:
Run: 14 miles
Bike: 40 miles
Swim: 2 miles
Total: 56 miles

Pregnancy to date:
Run: 130 miles
Bike: 552 miles
Swim: 23 miles
Total: 705 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Outer Banks, NC - site of our last vacation (awww, I wanna go back!) 

First trimester over....let the fun begin!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good so far and sorry you've been so sick. Hopefully Nugget will let you start eating more and feeling more energetic. Keep up the running and so glad that you have a supportive hubby who knows you will be back at MTD next year! My husband is so supportive he plans on me being back just over 4 months from my Critter to keep my Goofy running streak going.

    ReplyDelete