Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 12: Time to Run!

Time for "official" baby weekly updates!  Now that I seem to have crawled out of the black hole of death, I am so excited to do weekly nugget n mom reviews.  This week - it's race time!!

Your Baby in Week 12 of Pregnancy
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a matchbox car) and weighs half an ounce.

See what happens when you have a toddler?  Fruit goes out the window, and you measure in racing cars and duplos.  Love it.



Total Weight Gain: Down 3 pounds from PP weight.  I am eating a bit better now - dairy, aside from cheese, is still a big fat no, and so are oats and coffee.  But veggies are starting to gain some favor (thank goodness!) and so are some meats.  I was a little concerned I was going to turn into a chicken nugget covered with crackers or something.  As Rob would say "Sheesh!!!".
My Body: Still not too much going on.  My waist is losing shape a bit, but there really is no pooch goin on (see race pic).  Just no concave waist (I know, I know!).
Cravings: It's morseo....what can I tolerate the most?  What is the least offensive?  LOL. I've been loving peanut butter crackers and berries.  Breakfast is the hardest because my standby (oats) are just no bueno, so I've either been eating a bagel or toaster waffles.  No crazy pickles and ice cream...barf!
Sleep: NEVER. ENOUGH.  I really hope the old wives tale of renewed energy holds true in trimester 2...I am so beat all the time!  Managing to get through life, playtime with Rob, and even some running, but otherwise....I hit the couch with a big thud at 8pm. 
Baby Items Bought/Received: Nothin this week!  Working on some nursery designs though - we will be turning the office into a nursery, and combining the guest room with office combo.  We will be changing Rob's room into a BIG BOY! room - here comes Thomas the toddler bed!
Best Baby Moment: Baby G2 and I ran our first race at Johnny's Running of the Green - recap to come!
Goals: To get back some of my energy!  Ten miler this weekend coming up - and it may as well be 100.  LOL
Worries: Can we afford 2?  Too late for that!!


BABY NUGGET ON THE MOVE!  Well, seeing as i had this crazy goal to run every day in 2015 (didn't happen) I have been tracking my miles since January 1.  So it's time to bring back baby on the move!  How far has nugget travelled?

This week:
Run: 16 miles
Bike: 44 miles
Swim: 2 miles
Total: 62 miles

Pregnancy to date:
Run: 116 miles
Bike: 512 miles (there were ALOT of bikes in February)
Swim: 21 miles
Total: 649 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Virginia Beach - baby is headed for some warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment