Monday, January 12, 2015

Jump on It

Hey there kiddos!  Hope all is right in your world.  It's cold and snowy here, but its the pretty kind of snowglobe snow that actually makes you glad you live in NY.  And I'll take that on a Monday!

Well, it seems 2015 has gotten off to a decent start.  I haven't broken any resolutions yet (waahooo 12 days in I know!) and I've managed at least 1 mile running a day since January 1 :-) - up to 38 miles to date, which is chump change for some but I usually only run 3 days a week so I'm cool with it!

On the house front, we had another open house yesterday.  Seems we have at least one couple that is super interested - it's the third time they've seen the house and they brought a tape measure this time, lol.  Of course, they still have their house to sell, so it's a moot point, but it's kind of nice.  It's been a busy week for showings and we would be excited if we could get some non contingent offers!  As I've said, Greg and I are taking it one day at a time and for what it is - if we don't move, we don't move.  So the real question is, what do you do with an 18 month old for two hours on a cold Sunday?  The indoor playground, of course!  There's a really cool super big play place in fairport called "The Sandbox" and for $7 you can play as long as you want (we stayed 2 hours).  They have bounce houses, slides, play kicthens, roller coasters, a tree fort, and a light up Dance, dance! floor.  Rob had a blast....and so did Greg and I (don't let the seriousness here fool ya).

Other than that?  Not a ton going on.  Rob seems to be enjoying toddler (and has shown us his awesome verbiage - we are up to about 30 words so far!!) and our little family is doing well.  I've decided to jump into some marathon training - there are a few races this year that will require some pretty decent mileage, so I'm easing in.  I ran 3 times a week last year, and I'm not sure that was enough to help me out on race day, so I'm relying less on the mileage and more on the time/days on my feet.  Still frigid cold and hard to get motivated, as there isnt anything big on my calendar until April, but I think it will help in the end!  Otherwise, it's wintery January in full swing in NY, which means a few things - expect more crockpot recipes coming your way, and also maybe some savings/budgeting?  Sky is the limit!  If there's anything you'd like to see on the ole bloggie, feel free to comment or email me at raeglaser@gmail.com  Mwah!

Edited to add - after I wrote this yesterday, I ran out to the store to get a few things and a deer jumped on my car on the way home.  I am ok, the car is not.  Meh.  Why must I think of creative prophesizing titles to posts???  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment