Monday, December 22, 2014

Tis the Season

Two weeks???  Yikes.  I'm not gonna lie - the last few weeks have been so darn bust at the seams busy that at night....I just kind of collapse after putting kiddo to bed, wrapping gifts, cleaning, and yes, sometimes working until 9pm.  Needless to say, its been a bit hectic, and I sense a good ole resolution coming up - I hereby promise to post once a week, come hell or highwater.  Truth is, sometimes I really am not sure if my life is post worthy or if anyone cares to read it, but as a writer at heart, I don't ever mind sharing the mundane if you don't mind indulging me :-)  (your mundane, that is.  As you'll see ahead, I feel my life is utterly magical, especially at this time of year.  And especially with my cute little Christmas elf to make the season ten million times more wonderful!

House update - We are still in limbo.  It's a b(*&#tch selling a house during the holidays, and even more so when you can't accept any contingent offers.  Needless to say, none of the offers have been non contingent, so we are still a for salin'.  Our contract is up for renewal January 1, so we shall see what happens.  In the meantime, we have done a massive de cluttering and going through boxes we shipped out to my mom's- the VOA loves us, and we have a nice pared down stash now, and we haven't even moved yet!  Score.

In other news, work.  Nah.  We won't go there.  Two words.  Stress Salad.  Moving on...

It's Christmas, baby!  Easily my most favorite time of year, Rob and Dad (and some helpers!) have been making merry.  We've done a little baking...



 Some gingerbread house making (we started out with 3 dozen gumdrops.  Rob gave excellent direction and decided that the gumdrops looked silly on the house - much better in his mouth).
 Santa decided Rob deserved his Christmas sled a bit early....
 And we made some snowmen handprint ornaments (yes, thats a PLAY muffin tin, not to be used for baking, mom, thankyouverymuch :-P)
 And some good old fashioned Christmas wonder.
Hard to believe the big day is almost here, but without a doubt, we have been making the most of the season!  All the best wishes from our family to yours, and have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment