Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Days 26 and 27: Baby its cold outside!

Well, here we are, Thanksgiving week!  I used to actually hate this holiday - it always seemed more about the food and Christmas shopping than what it should be about....giving thanks for what we have.  Well, in the last few years, I've gotten engaged and found out I was having my kiddo on Thanksgiving week...so i think that's probably some higher power nudging me toward the true meaning of the holiday.  I'll take it!  I've also had a great time with this blog series....it's funny, we grumble everyday about silly things, but never take the time to really it back and say thanks for what we have.  And I really have so much to be thankful for.  In 27 days, it's never taken more more than 30 seconds to think of my "thankful for the day".  I actually feel like I forgot some important things....might be that I continue this one past November in my own private reflection :-)

Day 26 - I am thankful for snow!  Yep, I know.  Don't write me off, please.  As long as I'm not out on
treacherous roads, it is so beautiful.  We were supposed to get a "big storm" this week - we did get about a foot of snow, but the roads look clear ahead for the holiday, so it's all good.  Snow reminds me of when I was a kid and we had snowball fights, built snowmen, went sledding and just had fun!  It also sets the season up nicely post Thursday for my favoritedest holiday ever....but that's not till Friday :-)

Day 27 - With that said, I am also a fan of my winter and crappy weather amenities - my treadmill and trainer.  I had a speedwork session on tap for today (yep, we'll talk about my crazy race plans soon!), and rather than slog it out on our mile loop in the snow, the treadmill was my friend.  I realize that's a 180 from last year, but with a kiddo...I am so thankful to be able t hop on and off the 'mill and get a great workout in even if I can't make it outside!!

Almost Turkey time....I'm headed out to my aunt's house tomorrow for the big day....tonight I will be making roasted sweet taters and an apple cake.  What's on your menu for tomorrow?

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment