Sunday, November 17, 2013

Days 16-17- Weekend Love

In case you're stepping in (Looking at you, Uncle Alan!) mid way - Novembers blogs are dedicated to things I am thankful in my life :-)  On Days 16-17....


Day 16 - I am thankful for my friends in my life, old and new.  It sucks being a grown up - I miss seeing my friends as much as I did before my life got so crazy.  I'm lucky enough to have some really great friends - both the new ones and the ones that have been around since I was a teenager or a little kid.  I got to see one of my awesome friends yesterday...Jen, one of my bridesmaids, came by fir dinner and chats and to see the little guy.  Man, did I miss her!  So to the friends that I see once in a blue moon or every day...I love you guys.  I wouldn't be the same without you!  Whether its running races together, playing cards, gossiping, chatting on the phone, or catching up over ultimate vanilla cake and peanut butter mousse pie (bonus points to Jen...), I love you all!!


Day 17 - I am thankful for PJs on the weekends.  It's 6pm, and I'm still in my PJs.  Even though I was productive with chores today, it's been one of those days.  Everyone in my family feels a bit "off"....just a weird day.  So we called off the workouts (no long run here), made soup (recipe coming.....I played with Butternut squash!), and just kinda made it through the day (Yes, Tylenol was involved, and yes, I blame my insane amount of sugar consumed last night....which I wouldn't trade for the world :-P).  Hey, but even though it was a foggy day...I am so thankful to be able to have those.  Sometimes you just need jammies, a football game and homemade soup, ya know?

How was your weekend?  I'm not sure I feel ready to tackle the week ahead (I have trips to both Utica and Binghamton, AND an interview with channel 10, yikes!)  but I see a nice DD coffee (compliments of the birthday club!) in my future, so it's all good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment