Friday, November 15, 2013

Days 13-15: TPS Reports

Whew-Friday already?? It's another week of go go go here- work has been a little nuts, and we are now on a new schedule, so it's a bit of adjustment.  I've gone back to my normal work hours, so I do drop off at day care for the bear, then rush rush Rush to work.  I now get home later, but it allows kiddo to sleep in a bit in the morning, which is great, because he naturally wakes up about 7ish, so I can get ready then start getting Ro-bear ready for the day!  But, of course, between kiddo and work and shopping and chores and silly little things like eating, sleeping (what?) and showering....we have been a little bit nuts.  My saving grace, however, is my Thankful 3 days 13-15.....

Day 13:  So thankful for my job.  I love where I work, I love what I do, and that gets me through the not so nice parts.  CFC has been an awesome employer, and they are super family friendly.  Regardless of the "new improved health plan" (crappy) they picked up most of the increase this year, which means I an afford to live.  They have plenty of PTO.  An EIB that allowed me to stay home with my kiddo for 12 weeks, paid.  I've been there for 7 years, and I don't plan on leaving.  Mostly because.....

Day 14:  My bosses.  I adore my bosses.  They say a good boss is worth a 100% increase in pay, and they are so right.  My bosses rock my face off.  My immediate boss is so flexible, accommodating, and promoting of me, I really couldn't ask for any better ANYWHERE else.  He helps me out, praises me, helps me grow, has gotten my foot in the door for so many leads, and cares about me and my family on a person level.  Even though he can get a little bit crazy, we've worked together so well in the last 7 years that we can finish each other's sentences.  Yikes!!  His boss, Sally, is my on site boss, and she is awesome.  She talks me off ledges, makes sure our staff is hanging in there, reigns in the crazy when I need it, and really listens to my ideas and thoughts.  I am such a lucky person to have two fabulous people to report to!  But on a daily basis....

Day 15:  I thank my lucky stars for having such awesome employees.  We are friends without it being weird that they technically "report" to me.  We laugh.  We have inside jokes.  We have a GREAT time but get the work done.  And when one of us stumbles (me included), we have each others backs and support each other.  I wish I could pay them a million more dollars because they have such awesome work ethic, sense of accountability, and good will.  I hope they never, ever leave!!

Even though work is work, I have the best job I could ever ask for.  And for 40 hours a week, that is a TRUE blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment