Monday, November 11, 2013

Days 10 and 11- To Vets and Pets

Day 10 - I am so grateful for my fur kiddo.  I've had her since I was 13 (wows) and I love her to bits.  She turns 17 in a few months, and while she is slowing down a bit-she gives the best purrs and snuggles a kitty ever could.  It's hard to believe that this cat has been with me through middle school, high school, college, my twenties, getting married, and having Rob.  Even though she can't speak human, she probably knows me better than most...and what I need.  She's taken care of me for so many years, and now it's time for me to return the favor.  So lucky to have her!!

Day 11 - Might be cliched, but I don't care.  I was going to wait until tomorrow to buck the trend of "Thank a Vet" but they deserve my thanks today...and every day.  To all of those that have fought for our country and represented us...I thank you.  We would not enjoy the freedoms we have today without you.  I thank every soldier, and in particular those I know best....my cousin Lisa, my cousin Lisa (yep, there are two), and my cousin Howie.  I am so proud to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment