Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 5 : The "Outlaws"

Doesn't in laws just sound so scary?  I think so.  So we'll just refer to them as outlaws and REALLY make the sound scary.  Come to think of it, most of them are pretty borderline.....just like me :-P

Gratitude of the Day: Four years ago, I was lucky enough to marry my best friend. As you married folk know, you don’t just marry the individual-you marry the family. And for as much as I kid and
give ‘em hell, I married into the best family I could have asked for. My father in law (out law?) is one of the funniest guys I know, and we kid around like a couple of…well, kids. I’m starting to speak the language he and Greg share, which simultaneously makes me ecstatic and…scared. My mother in law- I miss her to bits. She accepted me right away into the family – as soon as Greg and I started dating, she re-arranged her pictures in the house to banish any ex’s to the back room. How cool is that? My FIL’s new wife (I refuse step mother connotations, people) is incredibly awesome – she’s been there for me on a family, woman to woman, and any other level I need-I’m so glad to know her.

The extended family – well I can’t fit that into one post. Greg’s aunt and her husband welcomed me with open arms, and his cousins…well, they are my cousins. I love them all to buts – from family get togethers to holidays to random phone calls and texts….they are my friends, my confidantes, my family.
My sister and brother in law- they live too damn far away, but keep me in laughter and extreme sports (Jeff – Leadville 2015), and practical kiddo advice (Tanya). So lucky to have you both!
I love my own family to pieces, and will certainly reflect on that in the days to come – my extended family is awesome. And the fact that they seamlessly fit with my wonderful in- laws….well….who could ask for more??
In other news - my big man is 4 months today! Time for a new Baby Rob post...stat!

No comments:

Post a Comment