Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 25: Random Acts of Kindness

It may be wavering, but faith in (people)kind is still there.  Sometimes I wonder about the goodwill of people, but then they surprise me.  Today I am thankful for all of the random acts of kindness that I experience in my life.  Lately I've been lucky to be a part of a facebook community of Rochester Pass it On, where one can post "In search of" Items or Items "I have" to pass along.  In the past few weeks, I've been lucky enough to both give and receive a decent amount of baby items....passing
along formula checks and outgrown clothes, and receiving a shopping cart cover, snowsuit, and "learn to button/tie/snap etc" doll for Ro-Bear.  What's even better is that these members look out for each other, remembering community needs and tagging each other in posts or helping to transport items....if someone has something to give two of in Macedon but someone only needs one and works in the city, they pickup both and the second person that wants it can pick up in the city. 
I always like to believe the best of people...and this community reaffirms it.  Just a small example of the random kind acts...tis the season and it's so awesome to see it happening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment