Monday, November 4, 2013

An Attitude of Gratitude




Hi All!  How’s your Monday treating you?  We had a rough night at the Glaser casa – little man is still super stuffed up, super teething, and in general, just an unhappy guy…which means that Mom and Dad got almost no sleep.  Am I complaining?  Hell no.  I still won’t forget what an awesome life I have.  But I will ask in advance for your forgiveness for any dumb typos or idiot things I write/say/do.  Like when I came into work this morning and saw a returned contract on my desk I mailed out last week.  Turns out, you have to put more than the agency name and contact person for it to get to Middletown.  God, I’m a turd.

Anyways….it’s a good week.  My favorite little guy will be 4 months old tomorrow, it’s now light out when I drive to work, and my favorite greek yogurt is on sale at Target.  Yay!  Silly things?  Maybe.  But worth a smile in my book-sometimes it really is the small stuff that counts.  And moreso, taking 30 seconds to say thank you or be grateful for what we have in our lives. 
I might be late to the party, but I really like what I see on facebook in November (ahem-what we should do all year, but manage to forget).  Each day, pointing out something you are grateful to have, a person you are lucky to know, or an experience you are so happy to have gone through.  Cliché?  Maybe so.  But please, tell me, at what point does it get old to say “Thank you”?  And when does it get old to hear it?  Never.  Not in my book.
So, it might be November 4th, but I’m officially on the “Thank you” month – and making it my challenge to practice an attitude of gratitude.

For the first 4 days of November….I am grateful for the people that are my immediate “blood family”.  (My definition of family is more inclusive than most – more on subsequent days!). 

My son.  I have always wanted to be a mom.  And this little guy made me one.  You guys know from my ridiculous over abundance of posts how much I love my little Ro-Bear to pieces, but it never gets   I love the way he makes me laugh.  I love snuggling him. I love his chattering, squealing, giggles, smiles, and every inch of his 2000 parts.  I remember my life without him, but I would never want to go back to it – he is the best enrichment to my life I could have ever imagined!


 My husband.  My other half.  My best friend.  I might have only known him for 8 years, but I literally can’t imagine life without this man.  Is he perfect?  Nope.  But neither am I.  All I know is that he gets me…my quirks, my shortcomings, my strengths.  He makes me feel like the best version of myself.  We have the same beliefs, same ideals, and the same idea of a good time.  I’m not sure what I did to deserve having him in my life, but someone was smiling down on me.  And now, this year I can add…he is the perfect father to my son. I love our little family. 

My mom.  She is probably the most generous person I know, as well as the most outgoing and engaged.  She taught me how to be independent, and how to not take “no” for an answer.  She taught me that I could do anything, and always to reach for the best-that there's no such word as "can't" and to never settle for less than the best.  She also gave me a really strong moral compass, and a sense of needing to work hard to get what you want.  She's always thinking about me.  How could you ask for more than that?

My Uncle/Godfather.  God, I love this man.  He might not be my bio dad, but no girl could ask for more.  He is there for me through thick and thin.  He never judges me.  He listens to me kvetch, and will tell me what I want to hear and what the truth is, based on the situation as it merits.  He’s funny as all get out.  He’s my buddy, but also my role model.  I hope to be just like him some day.

I love you guys.  And I don’t know what I would do without you!  More to come...I doubt I could fit in all the people or the things I am grateful for in one month!

1 comment:

  1. My dear Rae, one of the many things I love about you is that you are grateful for the little things as well as the big things. It is a lesson that I hope all of your blog readers will be able to share with you.

    ReplyDelete