Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Week 17: Hello, World!

Welcome to month 4!  Seems like yesterday I was jumping up and down over two lines :-)

Your Pregnancy in Week 17
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Woah.  I looked up this week's "produce" equivalent, and it looks like Baby G is an onion.  Hmm.  I'm gonna go with the whole layers way of looking at it, rather than the stinky way....LOL.

Total Weight Gain: Up 2 pounds.  Seems as if Baby G and I are doing well at the gaining weight thing.  I've been in love with salty foods this week, but also trying to drink alot of water to counteract sodium overload.

I need to stop taking pictures post run...lol
 My Body: I can see bump!!  Mini bump for sure, but mah belly is now sticking out, thankyouverymuch.  Pants still fit just fine, which rocks, but there's for sure a little one in there!  (Apparently my uterus is the size of a melon now, so that would explain the peek a boo!)

Cravings: Chinese food, burgers, and peaches.  Good thing I can make a tofu stir fry, veggie burger and peaches were only 1.50 a pound this week.  Good baby, good baby.
Aversions: Everything mentioned before, and squash.  Dammit.  I roasted a perfectly good butternut squash this weekend....then pureed it into chili because I couldn't eat it.  Lame. 
Sleep: Sleeping super well, and having VERY vivid dreams.  Sometimes this is good (Hello Bradley Cooper), sometimes weird (a strange twist on a WWII reenactment), and sometimes plain scary (players from high school that have NO business invading my REM, thankyouverymuch).  I've been waking up every morning going...okay...what in the EFF was that??  Thinking of starting a dream journal, but suspecting I might be committed if I share with anyone. 
Baby Items Bought/Received: Paint for the nursery.  It counts!
Best Baby Moment: Greg and I went camping at Letchworth Park this weekend, and went for a hike by the gorge on Saturday.  It was a beautiful day, and we had a blast!  As were hiking by the upper falls, I felt...a little flip...like a wave.  Weird.  Never felt it before.  I stopped for a minute, then a tiny flutter again.  I felt little g for the first time!  Just sayin' "hey guys, I'm here!".  Amazing.  Just amazing.  And I'm smiling as I retype it.  I've felt it again once since then, so I'm pretty confident that it was the baby!
What a fun filled week!  Can't wait to see what lil bit brings next week....





No comments:

Post a Comment