Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week 6: My little turtle

Catch up part 2....

November 26:

It's so odd to think that I'm already 6 weeks pregnant....I've known about our little turtle (yeah, don't ask, but that's our pet name for the baby for now) for only a week!  This week has been a bit calmer, thank goodness. After the tumultuous week 5, I only had to have my blood drawn once, and found out that my HCG level is 2700 as of November 26, which is still on the lower side for this week, but turtle is doubling every 24 hours, just like it's supposed to go! Whew. We scheduled my first ultrasound for December 12, which is 8 weeks, so we are hoping to see a heartbeat and be able to date the pregnancy (i.e., find out lil bit's due date!)  Since there is no magical tool that shows when you conceive, the docs are going off my last cycle, but that can be a bit off.  So, according to calendars online, I am due on July 22 (which would be ridiculously awesome), but we should have an actual due date in a few weeks.  What does that really mean, though?  Nothin!  Baby comes when it wants to.  Speaking of which, what's my little pea up to this week?

Your Baby in Week 6 of Pregnancy

You might be coping with full-blown pregnancy symptoms (sorry), but there's plenty of good news too. Your baby's jaw, cheeks, chin, eyes, ears, and nose are beginning to form what will eventually become one adorable face. In addition, her kidneys, liver, and lungs are developing, and her heart is now beating 80 times a minute (and getting faster every day). All this and she's still no bigger than a pea (about a quarter of an inch) from crown to rump!
So tiny!  But it's actually starting to affect me....here's what I've noticed....
Total Weight Gain: None.  Didn't expect it!

My Body: Some bloat, not too bad.  I seem to be growing....but in terms of bra size, and that's it :-P  My sense of smell is unreal....which is NOT a good thing!!
Cravings: Not really feeling sweets, but no aversions otherwise. 
Sleep: A bit of insomnia, but in general, tired. 
Baby Items Bought/Received: "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and a journal.  Started out the week by week belly (well, non existent belly) photos!
Best Baby Moment: The news that my HCG levels are doing well, and the pregnancy looks viable.  (Seriously, whoever uses that term should be shot.  But I understand it). 

Goals:  Dropping down to the half marathon in January.  I know I could run the full, but I have no clue what my body will be like in 8 weeks.  I think it's smarter. 

What an (awesome) roller coaster ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment