Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week 15: Orange you Glad....


Holy heck, where is the time going?  I know, I know, I haven't seen anything yet.  I'm not complaining....this is one ride I am not rushing :-).  Week 15...and it's oranges....or apples.  Either one works.

Your Baby in Week 15 of Pregnancy

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

Well, since we aren't going to play the sex game...wait...that sounded wrong....it's irrelevant about the ultrasound.  I don't go back in to the OB until week 19 or 20 (I went in Monday....more on that later!) and that's my next ultrasound.  No revealing games for us though.  I stand firm :-)


Total Weight Gain: It must be the salty food, stress or something, but I'm back to just .5 pound below PP weight.  According to the doc, I've gained a half pound since week 11, which is about right.  Still no stress....I'm 7 pounds up from my happy weight because I gained a bit before preggo-ness, so there's no reason to worry.  Food will sound good again.  Well, food besides pizza :-P

My Body: Mini mini mini bump alert!  My co-worker said it, I think the photo confirms it.  According to my husband, you can tell it's baby because its "firm", not flabby.  Hmm....wonder what he'll say when we hit 50....kidding, babe, just kidding.  I dunno, I still think I'm just "thickening". I'm sure it will become more evident as we move along!!

Cravings:Still on a fruit kick.  Though I'm having a rough time with oranges because depending on where you look for week progress....the baby is either an apple (baby center) of an orange (what to expect).  Someone suggested drawing a smiley face on my fruit.  That's just wrong.  Someone pass the grapes.  Ohhh....grapes!

Sleep: Still doing well.  I seem to be having a bit of dry mouth, but a bottle of water and some mini hard candies by the bed help out alot. 

Baby Items Bought/Received: Cleaning out the baby room and starting to assemble the list of all lists....we also got a deal on a target gift card this week through some sweet maneuvers that we'll be holding aside for diapers.  It's for $50, so that should last us....3 days.  Sweet.

Best Baby Moment: Had an OB appointment on Monday for a waist check and heartbeat read.  Doc says that I'm doing great, bay's heartbeat is strong, and everything looks good!  (She also told me to feel free to eat as much fruit as I want.  Sweet).  And no, I did not count the heart beats per minute.  IT WON'T TELL YOU WHAT I'M HAVING.  But I'm pretty sure it's a baby....shhhhh...

Goals:It's painting week!  Woohoo!!  Also determined to make it to Old Navy to look at maternity clothes.  I still fit into all my clothes, no problem, but there are some sweet sales going on!

Worries: Of course, the standard worry pre- doc appt, but I feel pretty good this week.  Still somewhat nauseous, food aversions intact.  Clearly, I am not running the show.  My orange/apple is.  And that's something I'm gonna have to get used to. Oh....well...maybe I lied.  one small thing.  Having some issues doing higher impact stuff with the frequent bathroom breaks.  Now, did I really need to share that?  Probably not! But hey...this is the baby blog part of the blog....
hardee har har.

No comments:

Post a Comment