Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 12: Tell the World!

January 7, 2013

Whew.  Well, that's over.  After 8 weeks of bursting with excitement, YOU KNOW!  THEY KNOW!  EVERYONE KNOWS!  And now, I can start to act like the crazy pregnant woman that I am-errr.....or not (though seriously, I'm pretty sure that family, friends and bosses have all blamed anything less than sugar coated from me on preggo hormones in the last two months.  Right.  That's exactly it.  Or...I'll let you believe that :-P)

Moving on.  So what's going on in my tummy this week? Let's check it out.....
Your Baby in Week 12 of Pregnancy
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

Aww.  I know I say that one every week, but it still rings true.  And not that I would ever give the lil one a noogie, but hey, if I did....they could feel me!  Cool beans!

So.....other than the big reveal, (which was pretty freaking awesome-you guys made me cry with your sweet comments and congratulations!), there's not a whole crap ton going on this week.  I'm fighting some kind of bug, which sucks big time, because I can't really take anything to feel better (except saline spray.  That is my friend).  I'm sorely hoping that I'll turn a corner soon....next weekend is Florida, and I have no clue how I'm gonna run a half marathon next weekend...whew!  One day at a time....but here we go on the weekly draw down....
Total Weight Gain: Down 1 pound from PP weight.  My stomach has been tolerating a bit more lately, which is good.  I'm still not able to stand Greek yogurt or bananas, but I've been having a huge crush on chicken this week.  And veggie burgers.  Yum yum yum. 
My Body: I think I'll officially rescind the bloat and call my tummy just a bit "thicker".  I still can button pants and fit just fine into my normal clothes, but I'm noticing a big loss in definition in my waist.  (Oh, teh horrorz!) Just kidding.  I'd like to stay in my normal clothes as long as possible, but it's neat to see changes in my body that aren't cheesecake related.
Cravings: Ranch dressing and carrots.  Weird.  I've always loved baby carrots, but never liked Ranch.  I'm addicted now.  I'll sit on the couch at night and down half a bag of baby carrots with ranch.  Baby G's gonna have 20/20. 
Sleep: Meh.  I can't breathe, otherwise we're just ducky.  So...no. 
Baby Items Bought/Received: Little baby sneakers!  Bought for the announcement, but I think it'll be a darn good investment :-P
Best Baby Moment: Such a materialist this week.  Grandma P went out to Kohls and spoiled little baby G - 12 baby outfits and two rattles for $50...plus kohl's cash.  Plus there's a rumor around town that one of my friends' friends is selling a BOB cheap....ohhh....so exciting!!
Goals: To run this half marathon next week without wanting to die.  I've got a long run on Saturday that will pretty much tell me one way or the other how it's going to go.  Fingers crossed,
Worries:We started making the scariest list ever....what we need for the baby.  I'm either going to rob a bank or become a congresswoman.  Maybe the two aren't mutually exclusive.  Seriously, why don't I have a trust fund?  LOL


Last week of the first tri comin' up!  Unfortunately, it's like being done with the first leg of an Ironman....even though you're a third of the way done.....you so aren't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment