Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 10: Is that a bump?

Merry Christmas, Little (sort of but not really) bump!

December 24:

Double Digit Time!  It's an exciting week in the Glaser house-we've not only hit double digits, but Christmas Eve and Christmas Day served as a big reveal to 90% of our family.  Such fun!

So what's the lil one up to this week?
Your Baby in Week 10 of Pregnancy
Your baby (now the size of a prune) has small indentations on his legs (soon to be knees and ankles!), and his tiny arms even have elbows that bend (how is that for magical?). Inside that little mouth, tiny buds of baby teeth are forming under the gums. His stomach and kidneys are kicking into gear, producing digestive juices and urine, and if it's a boy, his testes are making testosterone (how manly!).

Looks like baby g is really turning into a little human!  So exciting :-)  So, as I said, this week was the big reveal for our families-we had some fun announcements in person, phone and skype, and I even got my first random tummy rub (my cousin's wife, who wants a baby).  Aww.  So Sweet.
Here's how I'm gettin along in week 10:
Total Weight Gain: Still negative numbers, but now I'm about 2 pounds under from where I started (Christmas cookies and starches would be why!)  I've been able to eat a few more things this week-oats (with raisins, not bananas), and yogurt a few times.  I still start out the day pretty queasy, but small meals really help.
My Body: Still some bloat (my father in law swears I'm getting a pooch-damn him for calling me fat (kidding Dad!)), but overall, no change.  You may see a minuscule bump in my pic of the week....that's bread, not a baby :-P)  We took the photos after a few heavy meals-no luck on that bump yet, we'll give it a few more weeks!!
Cravings: Still lovin cheese, and also pretzels.  I've been able to tolerate cereal, yogurt (sometimes) and a few more foods I hadn't before.  I was able to eat Christmas cookies, but no m&ms or peanut butter yet.  And no yogurt oats.  Damn.  Hey, day by day.
Sleep: Still tired as heck.  It's been a whirlwind holiday weekend, so that's probably part of it.  But I am so glad I have this week off to rest and recover.  My workouts have been a bit better this week, but I still get out of breath easy and my pace sucks.  Hey, at least I'm doin it :-)
Baby Items Bought/Received: Uncle Alan bought the baby a little Santa hat, and my mom (Santa) brought me some maternity pants and two tops.  Sweet!  Greg bought the baby a baby camera that "Santa" gave us on Christmas morning, which will be awesome with an infant.  Awws. 
Best Baby Moment: Without a doubt, telling the families.  I thought my godmother and cousins were going to burst, and my cousin gave us a super sweet baby gift for Greg and I for Christmas.  So sweet.  I am so lucky!
Goals: 2 runs a week until the half marathon.  One 4-6 miles, one 8-10.  This will not be a fast race. but I'm really excited about it. 
Worries: Just waiting with bated breath for the magic 13 week mark so we can blast it everywhere.  I want to sing from the rooftops!

Merry Christmas from Greg, Baby Glaser, and the soon to be mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment