Saturday, May 12, 2012

Easy as Pie (Smiley)

Tomorrow is Mother's day.  Have you taken a few minutes to get a card or something special for your mom...grandma...godmother...like a mom woman in your life?  (Or, hey, ya know, your wife, if you want to get into the whole mother of your children or future mother of your children :-P)  Can't blame a girl for trying!
Tomorrow, I will be spending the day with mom.  We have a pretty spectacular brunch and dinner planned.  Now, in typical Mom fashion, I'm no aloud to bring anything for dinner because she stocks that house for World War III and already has all the ingredients for her favorite meal.  Which means I get to make dessert.  Twist my arm.
Hmm...what to make?  If my mom and I have any kind of food commonality, it's surely in the dessert tray.  We love our sweets.  But since it's a beautiful weekend, I didn't feel like turning on the oven.  And then...I thought about pie.  Yum, pie.
Pie and I didn't always get along.  Back in high school, we pretty much disagreed entirely.  Of course, that's when pi = 3.14.  A math prodigy, I was not.  But Mom was.   My report card?  All A's.  Except...that C in Pre calc.  Oh hell, in any math class after 9th grade.  I hated math.  With a passion.  Thus, a big bone of contention among Mom and me!
Till I took 11th grade pre-calc.  Best class ever.  But not for the math.  For the guy sitting in front of me, who passed calculator notes with me, played drug wars ( a TI-85 game, people) and broke out the Yoinks and Pi Smiley.  WTF was that?  I don't even remember.  But it was 45 minutes of comedy a day that I still remember 14 years later.  Thanks for making class bearable, Jon.  My mom didn't thank you then. But you made me like pi(e) again.  Which will directly benefit her tomorrow.....
Easy as Pi(e) Smiley!
You'll Need
1 box sf strawberry jello
1/2 cup boiling water
One 6oz ff yogurt (strawberry or Strawberry Banana)
1 tub cool whip
1 graham cracker crust
optional:  fun sprinkles!

This is truly a pie for idiots recipe.  Empty the jello powder into a mixing bowl.  Boil the water, whisk into jello powder until dissolved.  Fold in yogurt.  Fold in cool whip.  Stir until completely mixed, and swirl into graham cracker crust.  Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.  Sprinklefy.

A pretty pink pie, just for mom!  And me.  And the hubster.  She'll share.  I know she will.  If not, I'm all over it. I did super will in the fractions section of Course I math, thankyouverymuch :-)

What are you doing for Mother's Day?  Any special plans?  I'm running over to Webster bright and early (literally, I have a 12 miler on tap), then spending the day with Mom.  The hubster is coming out later and we're gonna grill outside-it's supposed to be a gorgeous day!  Enjoy and remember to thank your mom for being awesome enough to put up with you :-) 

1 comment:

  1. I use that same pie recipe... except with lime jello and key lime yogurt!

    ReplyDelete