Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's luau time!

Back from DC....sunny, 60 degrees...and now, it's snowing.  Meh.  I woefully packed away my capris (see you in 7 weeks, lovelies!) and am now snuggled back into my sweats.  But that doesn't mean we can't pretend it's warm out....and since I like to do everything full out, I'm going tropical.  If there's snow on the ground, I'm at least eating exotically.
It's luau time!

Luau Omelet
 You'll need:
1/s cup egg beaters (or 3 eggs)
2 oz. ham (4 slices)
1 cup broccoli
2 rings pineapple

Sunshine (optional)

Coat a pan with a spritz of cooking spray and pour in the eggs.  Cook on low for 3-4 minutes or until bottom is set.  Microwave the broc until thawed (about 3 minutes), and roughly chop broc, ham, and pineapple wedges.  Add the ham and broc, cook on low for another 2-3 minutes.  Add the pineapple on top, cover pan with lid, shut the gas off.  Set for 5 minutes so pineapple warms but doesn't overcook.
Voila!
So easy.  so pretty.  So fast.  So yummy.  All good things for a weeknight dinner.
Which, of course, leaves more time for catching up my DVR.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some Family Guy, American Dad, and a weeks worth of Genoa City Madness to catch up on.  Okay, fine, I'll at least ride the trainer while I rot my brain :-D

Ever try fruit with eggs?  This was my first attempt-I was pretty pleased!  Something about the sweet-salty-savory combo that just worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment