Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's Baby time!

Well, not for another month :-D  And NO! not mine!  But today, we celebrated my best friend and maid of honor, Rachael's, upcoming bebe!  What a whirlwind day!  It started out wayyy to early...5am wakeup call.  And then onto the airport, where I narrowly escaped a TSA pat down....but did get my luggage flagged.  And searched.  And re-run.  And had 3 managers come over to decide if an item in my suitcase was appropriate for travel before I could pass.  Nope, not kidding.  The offender?
Doh.  I'm an idiot.  Clearly, I was gonna start a smack down on the plane with my stick-I never even thought of it when I packed :-P  I had to explain to everyone what it was for...and the head security guard goes so...um..."Is this for business?"  No, just for...pleasure?  LOL  And she goes, "So what do you use it for?"  Well, um....  and then "So what do you run?"  And I just answered "Marathons" (which, now that I think about it, good thing I was wearing my National Marathon shirt....gives me street cred.  bwahahaha.
Well, after that debacle, I boarded the plane in my capris....in the 29 degree weather....and stepped out 2 hours later to 70 degrees...ahhh.
A quick drive to Fort Mills, SC...and it was baby shower time!
We had plenty of food...
An excellent Vanna White hostess!
Games! Baby memory...freaking hilarious! 
AKA-one clue...breast milk = milky way, Epidural= lifesaver, college fund = hundred grand, etc.
And prezzies for the new parents!  (Clearly, they liked them).

A whirlwind day, but filled with fun, family (adopted in my case) and fun :-)  Now, it's off to DC for the next 3 days....if I make it through TSA this time :-P (edited to add...stay tuned, we got another lulu from Charlotte to DC.....more tomorrow!!)

1 comment:

  1. Its a Rochester Int. Airport thing...you will never guess what I got patted down for there... :P

    ReplyDelete