Monday, August 29, 2011

Just Desserts

As you saw yesterday, I currently have a plethora of veggies and fruits in my life!  What to do with all of this bounty?  Make scrumptious meals, of course!!  Today's agenda.....simple and flavorful.  On Monday's, I usually go play 'The Grocery Game' so I have a bit less time for meal prep.  That usually means one of two things in casa Glaser...either a Hugh Jass salad or a veggie omelet.  Since we had "hugh" yesterday for lunch, I went with the latter and created some brekkie lovin in the kitchen:

Sauteein' the goods....pepper, broc and onion

Addin' in the PROtein...eggies!!

Love swirled with crack ketchup
Served with some whole wheat toast....perfection.
Wait, what?  Did you say, what about dessert?  Well, I'm going to pretend glad you did!  Fear not, those with a sweet tooth as raging as mine, I also did a little dessert experiment with my fruit bounty....I give you the healthified peach cobbler!!

Yummy in my Tummy Cobbler for One

The goods:  one peach, diced (I like the skins on, but you can remove), sprinkle of cinnamon, sprinkle of brown sugar, sprinkle of salt, two tbsp. oats, one tsp. smart balance (or similar).

Chop yo' peach (or about a cup of any other fruit) and place in an oven safe bowl
Mix together cinnamon, salt, sugar and oats.  Melt butter slightly, and cut in with mix.
Sprinkle on top of fruit.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, broil 2 minutes to brown slightly.

Success.  Did I mention it serves one?  Yeah, that made my day.  The simple things, right?

In other news, rest week is OVA, and that means there are two weeks of training left till my two week taper...26 days until Ironman! the 140.6 iron distance race I can't call the "I" word because of WTC branding!!  Wowza!!  Speed set swim today (2650 yardage) and a cooper test to gauge run speed tonight (not so excited about that one).  Full steam ahead....Chesapeakeman here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment